My Blog List

Addicted to the Attraction

Are you potential AA fodder?

What kind of women are at risk from this goddess-like worship that is the keynote of attraction addicts.

Women who read romantic novels and believe that life is all about waiting for Mr Darcy to come along and make them swoon.

Women who need a man to tell them they are wonderful before they can feel wonderful.

Women who read the kind of rules-based self-help books that lead you to look for and expect these romantic qualities in a man.

Women who have built a picture of Mr Romantic Right and can easily transfer the AA into the frame. 

Women who are desperate to feel loved and adored.

Women who think they need a relationship to make them complete rather than to enhance what is already wonderful about them. 

Women who are emotionally vulnerable after a break up or loss.

Women who are attraction addicts themselves! 

NOTE: If you feel any of these descriptions touched you, then consider what can you do to be more how you want to be? You can attract the people to you because of the energy you put out. The purer you are the purer people you attract. Pure means being YOU, completely and loving it.

The ones that got away 

Take heart because you can learn to listen to yourself and take more time to allow your emotions to settle down.

Charlene 

Charlene still breathes a sigh of relief at her lucky getaway. When Charlene met John on a trip abroad, she was already in a relationship with a man and they planned to marry shortly after her return. Thing’s didn’t quite go to plan. John was a highly attractive, seasoned AA and it wasn’t long before Charlene fell under his spell. John was attractive, sexy and appeared confident .

A day after their first lusty and romantic encounter, John had talked of having a child with her [guaranteed to melt the hearts of the toughest women!], setting up a business in the UK together and eventually moving to Australia together. Charlene got carried away with the flattery of being so adored. Fortunately, she had to return home and the 600 miles that separated them also put some mental distance between herself and John’s charms. 

Charlene had set out for home with the intention of breaking off her engagement and moving into a place with John so that they could plan their new life together. Luckily, a good friend persuaded her to take some time alone to think. After two or three days Charlene came down to earth with a bump.

She sensed that she had fallen for John’s apparently absolute attraction and desire for her and that she didn’t really know enough about him to give up her life and transport herself to the other side of the world to be with him. As she came out of the daze, she began to realise that John was not as perfect as he had seemed. With the help of her friend she collected her thoughts, came to her senses and is now happily married. She was one of the lucky ones.

Peta 

I too fell for an AA man myself once, when I was younger. I fell for him because I was looking for a man to give me what I thought I couldn't get for myself. I wanted a provider for an easy life. This man was not nice although he appeared to be at first and I allowed my dreaming to blot out what I didn't want to see. I was about to get married. Just before that, I went to San Francisco where I had a chance consider what I was doing. I broke off the 'engagement' and breathed a sigh of relief. I suddenly realised how foolish I'd been. I felt no loss whatsoever, just a feeling that I had learned something very important indeed. Perhaps I went to San Francisco to see more clearly. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last 7 Days Popular Posts